Wood oil is made on the basis of linseed oil and natural resins. Wood oil leaves a strong, dirt-resistant and easy to keep clean surface. Oiled surface is resistant to heat and water. Wood oil highlights the grain of the wood and provides a transparent surface. Consumption for sawn wood is between eight and ten litres per square metre.
Areas of application: Interior works
Ingredients: Linseed oil, natural resin, pine turpentine
Pre-treatment: It is important that the wood material that is to be treated is dry, with a maximum wood moisture level that is below 21% and a relative air humidity that is below 80%. Clean any old treatable surfaces of any dirt, mould, and removable materials. Prime the surface with Ecobase.
Instructions for use: No diluting required. Mix carefully before and during application. Apply the material in thin layers with a brush or piece of cloth and allow it to be absorbed. Excess material that is no longer being absorbed can be wiped off if necessary. Between one to two finishing layers will be required, depending on the quality of the wooden surface.
Wood oil is not recommended for varnished or painted surfaces. Its use for any other purpose and contrary to the advice given here is not recommended.
Drying time: Thinly brushed, between one to seven days, depending on the substrate and weather conditions.
Cleaning equipment: Pine turpentine
Preventing environmental risks: Since rags and wood chips that have become contaminated with the product may ignite spontaneously, they need to be preserved by soaking them in water before disposal, or keeping them in closed tin containers, or burning them immediately.
The product must not be allowed to enter the soil, sewers, or any water body. Any leakage of fluid needs to be doused in sand or other non-combustible and absorbent material. Empty and dry packaging may be sent to packaging collection points or, if this is not possible, to a general landfill site. Liquid waste needs to be delivered to a collection point for hazardous waste or to another suitable collection point.
Storage: Does not require any special conditions.
The product is flammable. Poses a hazard to health if inhaled, ingested, or absorbed through contact with the skin. Provide good ventilation in the work place. Contact with skin may result in an allergic reaction. Irritating to eyes and skin. Keep out of reach of children. If ingested, do not induce vomiting; seek immediate medical help and show the product packaging or labelling.