Brick oil is made from linseed oil varnish, turpentine, and natural resins. Brick oil leaves a durable and dirt-repellent surface that is easy to keep clean. The oiled surfaces are resistant to heat and water. Brick oil gives stone surfaces a fresh and unique look. Consumption for stone surfaces is between eight to twelve litres per square metre.
Areas of application: New and old brick and granite walls, fireplaces, flues, stoves, etc.
Ingredients: Linseed oil; natural resin, pine turpentine
Pre-treatment: Clean any old treatable surfaces of any dirt, mould, and removable materials.
Instructions for use: No diluting required. Mix carefully before and during application. Apply the material in thin layers with a brush or piece of cloth and allow it to be absorbed. Excess material that is no longer being absorbed can be wiped off if necessary. Between one and two finishing layers will be required. Brick oil is not suitable for varnished or painted surfaces. Its use for any other purpose or contrary to the advice listed here is not recommended.
Drying time: Thinly brushed, between one to two days
Cleaning equipment: Pine turpentine
Preventing environmental risks: Since rags and wood chips that have become contaminated with the product may ignite spontaneously, they need to be preserved by soaking them in water before disposal, or keeping them in closed tin containers, or burning them immediately.
The product must not be allowed to enter the soil, sewers, or any water body. Any leakage of fluid needs to be doused in sand or other non-combustible and absorbent material. Empty and dry packaging may be sent to packaging collection points or, if this is not possible, to a general landfill site. Liquid waste needs to be delivered to a collection point for hazardous waste or to another suitable collection point.
Storage: Does not require any special conditions.
The product is flammable. Poses a hazard to health if inhaled, ingested, or absorbed through contact with the skin. Provide good ventilation in the work place. Contact with skin may result in an allergic reaction. Irritating to eyes and skin. Keep out of reach of children. If ingested, do not induce vomiting; seek immediate medical help and show the product packaging or labelling.