Turpentine linseed oil contains linseed oil and pine turpentine. Turpentine linseed oil is absorbed into the wood, protecting it from moisture and dirt and forming a weather-resistant and air-permeable layer. Turpentine linseed oil seals the wood and brings out the beautiful wood grain, highlighting exposed knots. Turpentine linseed oil is suitable for finishing both old and new wooden surfaces that are made from woods such as oak, beech, mahogany, and others.
Usage for planed surfaces is between five to ten litres per square metre.
Areas of application: Noble wood surfaces, window frames, doors, mouldings, garden furniture, saunas, vacuum-impregnated wood, heat-treated wood
Ingredients: Linseed oil, pine turpentine
Pre-treatment: It is important that the wood material that is to be treated is dry, with a maximum wood moisture level that is below 21% and a relative air humidity that is below 80%. Clean any old treatable surfaces of any dirt, mould, and removable materials. Prime the surface with Ecobase.
Instructions for use: No diluting required. Mix carefully before and during application. Apply the material in thin layers with a brush or piece of cloth and allow it to be absorbed. Wipe off any excess oil that is no longer being absorbed. A total of between one and four finishing layers will be required, depending on the quality of the wood surface and its purpose of use. Finish end cuts of wood with special care. The drying time can be shortened by adding a desiccant. Turpentine linseed oil may be tinted with pigment dye. The dried surface can be finished by sanding it lightly or treating it with a scraper. A new finish should be applied after a year, if necessary. Turpentine linseed oil is not recommended for varnished or painted surfaces. Its use for any other purpose and contrary to the advice given here is not recommended.
Drying time: Thinly brushed, between one to five days, depending on the substrate and weather conditions.
Cleaning equipment: Pine turpentine
Preventing environmental risks: Since rags and wood chips that have become contaminated with the product may ignite spontaneously, they need to be preserved by soaking them in water before disposal, or keeping them in closed tin containers, or burning them immediately.
The product must not be allowed to enter the soil, sewers, or any water body. Any leakage of fluid needs to be doused in sand or other non-combustible and absorbent material. Empty and dry packaging may be sent to packaging collection points or, if this is not possible, to a general landfill site. Liquid waste needs to be delivered to a collection point for hazardous waste or to another suitable collection point.
Storage: Does not require any special conditions.
Flammable. Poses a hazard to health if inhaled, ingested, or absorbed through contact with the skin. Provide good ventilation in the work place. Contact with skin may result in an allergic reaction. Irritating to eyes and skin. Keep out of reach of children! If ingested, do not induce vomiting; seek immediate medical help and show the product packaging or labelling.